Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I put a small flower bed against my neighbors house and my yard is sloped. Will it flood?

It is flush against the house in a zero lot line neighborhood. It is below the brick (almost up to the part where the concrete and brick meet, but not that high). I assume this is the foundation and was told it would be O.K., but i do not want it to seep through and flood her home. Will rain water that is in the bed (if the bed is soaked and there really isn't a lot of drainage) be able to seep into her home/walls?

I put a small flower bed against my neighbors house and my yard is sloped. Will it flood?
The addition of the flower bed, in my opinion, should not bring any more water than was there previously, unless it was all concrete before, and I doubt it would bring enough to cause flooding. Depending on the construction materials and the depth of the soil, if you have added this, there could be a bit of humidity. But that much added soil would also bring an element of insulation. You could have lined the bed with plastic and left drainage holes on the outer edges. Just my opinion and I prefer a flower bed to concrete any day. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment