Saturday, May 22, 2010

Trying to find a poem with the line "In marylebone they came and boned your mary"?

I am looking for the name of a poem that I read as a child and I can only remember this one line. The poem is about a ghost of a girl who comes back at night to vits her brother. Bodysnatchers have robbed her grave and parts of her body reside in different hospitals around London.





I would love to read this poem again, it was in a small anthology of fairly modern poetry(mid 20th century, white cover with coloured spots )which used to belong to my great aunt. Other poem's in the anthology included one about a flower (cockney accented) and about a small boy who grew up to make atom bombs.

Trying to find a poem with the line "In marylebone they came and boned your mary"?
what everrrrr
Reply:I believe it is titled :Mary's Ghost, and it is by Thomas Hood. Oddly enough when I 'googled' it, I found it printed out in someones blog --http://www.brothersjudd.com , the 7/12/05 entry

roller blades

No comments:

Post a Comment